Saturday, September 15, 2007

Buka puasa

First day of Ramadhan passed by so sadly, besides being home alone in Paris because Pierre Louis had a dinner with his colleagues, which I refused to go to, as well because this is the second Ramadhan that I am away from home and I'm reaaalllyyy longing for buka puasa with family eating my mum's five-star quality cooking.

So, I just made myself some pasta for dinner and some fried potatoes for the break fast. Sad sad.....yea i know....

BUT!!! The second day, we spent the whole day in Paris, discovering new streets and districts, trying out Velib (bicycle rent provided by Paris' town hall) and went to Place de la Bastille and Jardin des Plantes. We were soooo tired, imagine without drinking and eating, lucky the weather was just nice and friendly.

Velib rental and parking. We press press and press on the provided machine to unlock the bicycle. First 30 min. is free. And you can find many Velib stations around Paris, so no problem in disposing the bike.

Us in Place de La Bastille. There was some tehcno parade going on, some kind of dance battle or sumthg. Which was lame though..

Jardin des Plantes


We decided to buy some Ispahan for buka puasa in Pierre Hermés shop and another tart made of capsicum and parmesan cheese and blue berries!!!!! ???????huh??? yea it did taste weird.
Pierre Hermés shop. It is beautiful and luxurious. And look at those pastry spread!! They are costly by the way.
This is Ispahan (the pink paste is crispy yet so soft, between there is generous amount of raspberries, litchi cream and some slices of the fruit), I fell in love the first time I tried it which was few years ago. And every time I'm in Paris, I definitely spend 6.50€ for one of these beauty...

So, we sat down in a park at 8 pm waiting for the time for buka puasa and galloped our beautiful little cakes like there's no tomorrow!!


It was heavenly........

1 comment:

Nadz said...

Dita!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so envious at those pastries!! And Paris! You're such a lucky girl!